Calling all fiction enthusiasts and aspiring writers: The Adult Fiction Writers’ Workshop is back! Whether you’re a seasoned writer or just starting your journey into fiction, this workshop is open to all experience levels and all genres. Join us in kicking this monthly workshop back off and embark on a shared journey of creativity. Mark your calendar for November 8, 6-7:30 PM, and join us at The Carbondale Public Library to meet our new workshop leader and your fellow writers. Let your imagination run wild and your stories come to life!
The first meeting of the workshop will serve as a “meet and greet” with SIU Professor and accomplished author Rafael Frumkin. Come get to know your fellow writers, share your passion for storytelling, and set up a monthly workshop schedule that works for everyone.
EDIT: Next workshop is Wednesday, December 6th, 6-7:30pm!
About The Writers’ Workshop
Writing is often a solitary endeavor – but it doesn’t have to be! The Adult Fiction Writers’ Workshop offers you the chance to connect with like-minded individuals, learn from an experienced author, and grow as a writer. Whether you’re seeking to improve your skills, gain inspiration, or simply share your love for fiction, this workshop is the perfect place to do so.
- Craft Discussions: Dive deep into the art of storytelling, from character development to plot structure. Rafael Frumkin, with his wealth of knowledge and expertise, will guide you through the intricacies of the craft.
- Writing Prompts: Overcome writer’s block and ignite your creativity with engaging writing prompts. These exercises will help you explore new ideas and expand your writing horizons.
- Feedback on Stories: Share your work with the group and receive valuable feedback. Constructive critiques from your peers can be a game-changer in your writing journey.
- Open to All: The workshop is open to any genre writing and any experience level. Whether you’re into mystery, romance, science fiction, or any other genre, you’ll find a welcoming space here. And all experience levels are encouraged to participate!
- Read Aloud: If time permits, you’re welcome to bring a page of your work to read aloud at our first workshop. Sharing your words with an eager and supportive audience can be an exhilarating experience.