Enhancing Lives Through Volunteerism
Volunteer Opportunities at the Library
Tasks performed by library volunteers are numerous and diverse. Tasks may be short-term, one-time only projects or they may consist of long-term, ongoing projects.
Examples of library tasks include:
- Shelve audiobooks and videos
- Assemble new patron packs
- Assist with Partners in Reading
- Sort books from temporary shelves in order on shelving carts
- Repair/clean discs
- Front/straighten/shelf read materials
- Assist with library programming
We’re always looking for new volunteers.
Simply print and return the volunteer application to the library. It’s that simple!
Other Volunteer Opportunities in Carbondale & Southern Illinois
JALC Adult Literacy Program
The John A. Logan College Literacy Program offers help to individuals for improving reading, writing, math, or English as a second language skills.
- Work with adults with want to read and write better.
- Learn new skills and meet new people, all while giving back to your community.
- Training is provided – you’ll do great!
To learn more, contact the John A. Logan College Adult Volunteer Literacy Counselor/Facilitator at:
618-985-3741 ext. 8414
For More Information:
Carbondale Public Library
405 West Main Street
Carbondale, IL 62901-2995