Carbondale Public Library’s Center for Effective Nonprofits (CEN) collection is available to aid your nonprofit organization in its day to day operations as well as in grant research and proposal writing. Come in and check out our collection of books and directories located on the first floor of the library.
Carbondale Public Library is a Funding Information Network of the Foundation Center. What does this mean? It means that we receive the Foundation Center’s core collection of electronic and print resources as well as provide a variety of supplemental materials and services in areas useful to grant seekers. The Foundation Center was established in 1956 and is the leading source of philanthropy worldwide.
Steps for Setting Up a Nonprofit Corporation
Search for Grants
The websites below contain databases that due to licensing agreements can only be accessed within the library.
- Foundation Center Databases: Foundation Directory Online
- Foundation Grants to Individuals Online
- Foundation Maps
- Grant Forward (See a librarian for login assistance.)
- Grant Station
Grant Writing Tips
Grant Preparation Worksheet (Word Document)
Grant Preparation Worksheet (Fillable PDF)
Websites to Help with Statistics
- City-Data Find city statistics including population, business, housing and crime, to name a few.
- United States Census Bureau Find city, county and state population and economy statistics.
- U.S. Small Business Administration Find business data and statistics including demographics and employment and income statistics.
- Illinois Youth Survey Find information on a variety of health and social indicators including substance use patterns and attitudes of Illinois youth.
- Grants.gov Search for federal grants here.
- Illinois Humanities Council
- National Endowment for the Humanities
- National Endowment for the Arts
- National Science Foundation
- U.S. Department of Education Search for education grants here.