With your Carbondale Public Library card, you can check out ebooks and digital audiobooks from the cloudLibrary™ by bibliotheca. No late fees. You must install the appropriate app on each device before using cloudLibrary. You can install the app on up to 5 devices. Your account, including where you left off reading in a given book, will be synchronized between all your devices automatically. You can check out up to 5 ebooks at a time. You can have up to 5 titles on hold at a time. The loan period for an ebook is 21 days.
You can also use the service online at https://ebook.yourcloudlibrary.com/library/illinoisheartland/Featured (Just remember to choose Illinois Heartland Library System from the list of libraries and systems.)
To install the app on your compatible device, go to your regular app store, search for “cloudLibrary” and install. You can check out and read your eBooks and eAudiobooks directly from the app. You can also check out and search for ebooks directly from SHARE, our online catalog (ebooks and e-audiobooks will have the cloudLibrary icon).
The CloudLibrary™ by bibliotheca app is available for the following devices:
- iOS App (iPad®, iPhone®, iPod touch®)
- Android App (Android™ Phones, Android™ Devices )
- NOOK App (Nook (1st Edition), Nook Simple Touch, Nook Color, Nook Tablet, Nook HD, Nook HD+, Nook Glowlight, Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 Nook, Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 Nook 10.14, Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 Nook, Samsung Galaxy Tab A Nook, Samsung Galaxy Tab E Nook, Nook Glowlight Plus, Nook Tablet 7)
- PC App (Windows 10, Windows 8 (excluding Windows 8 R.T), Windows 7, and supported ereaders; Nook (original), Nook Touch, Nook Glowlight, Nook Color, Nook HD+, Nook HD – please click here for special instructions, Nook GlowLight Plus – please click here for special instructions, Kobo)
- Mac App (Mac OS X.6.x or newer, and supported ereaders; Nook (original), Nook Touch, Nook Glowlight, Nook Color, Nook HD+, Nook HD – please click here for special instructions, Nook GlowLight Plus – please click here for special instructions, Kobo)
- Kindle Fire App (Kindle Fire*, Kindle Fire HD, Kindle Fire HDX)
* Not supported by all versions.
CloudLibrary™ is currently not compatible with Kindle Paperwhites or the Kindle Apps. If you would like to read eBooks on your Kindle please email firstname.lastname@example.org and request that Amazon allow compatibility with cloudLibrary.
LOGGING INTO YOUR ACCOUNT FOR THE FIRST TIME
- From the list of libraries and systems, select Illinois Heartland Library System
- Enter your library card number (no spaces) and pin number. (Pin numbers can be reset by visiting the library, with your library card or picture ID. We cannot give them out or change them by phone.)
There are two ways to use the library (searching, borrowing, managing your account, etc.):
- From the Cloud Library App on your device
- From the library’s online SHARE catalog
USING CLOUDLIBRARY APP
You can browse, checkout, and read titles directly from the cloudLibrary app on your device.
Finding an eBook
There are three ways to look at the collection of ebooks and audiobooks:
- Featured: recommended and recent titles
- Browse: titles sorted by category for easy browsing
- Search: search by title, author, or keyword
Checking out an eBook or eAudiobook
eAudiobooks have a headphone symbol on the bottom right corner of the book cover.
- For more information about the title, tap or click on the cover art.
- Tap or click the Borrow button. The title will be added to the bookshelf for every device on which you’ve installed cloudLibrary app.
Place a Title on Hold or Suggest a Title For Purchase
- Tap or click the blue Hold or Suggest button.
- If you want to receive an email notification choose “Yes” and enter your address.
My Books Page
The My Books page shows titles currently checked out to you under the Reading tab. Items you’ve placed on hold are visible under the Holds tab.
Filters allow you to choose what you see when you search or browse. You can choose to see only eBooks, or eAudiobooks, or both. You can choose to see only items available now, owned by our library, or even titles not owned by our library, that you can suggest for purchase.
USING THE ONLINE CATALOG
Cloud Library eBooks and eAudiobooks are included in the online catalog along with print books, books on CD, DVDs, and music CDs. Browse and check out Cloud Library titles just as you do with all items in the catalog.
Finding an eBook
- Login into your account. You cannot borrow Cloud Library titles without logging in.
- Search the catalog just as you would for any title, author, or subject. Any Cloud Library titles that match your search criteria will appear in the search results along with other library items.
Cloud Library titles are indicated by the 3M logo to the right of the title information. eAudiobooks will also have a headphone graphic next to the logo. Note: to find only Cloud Library titles, enter 3M in the search bar and limit by eBook or Audio eBook.
Borrowing an eBook or eAudiobook
Click the Borrow Button to the right of the title information. Log into your account (library card number and pin) if prompted to do so.
The title will be added to the list of items checked out to your account and to your Cloud Library bookshelf for every device on which you’ve installed the Cloud Library app.
Placing a Hold
Click the Place Hold Button to the right of the title information. Log into your account if prompted to do so. The title will be added to your list of requests under “My Account.”
RETURNING TITLES EARLY
Cloud Library eBooks and eAudiobooks will be removed from your device(s) automatically at the end of the 21-day loan period.
If you are finished with a title before the loan period expires, you can return it early for the next patron to read.
You can return items early using the Cloud Library App or through your local library’s online catalog. To check titles in using the catalog:
- Log into your account.
- Select Items Out from the My Account menu.
- Click the Check In button for the title you wish to return.
In App from the My Books Page
- Tap on Return Books on the top right of the page.
- Tap the red Return button.
- Tap on the green Yes button to confirm the return. At this time you may also rate the title if you wish.
GETTING MORE HELP