Carbondale Public Library Board of Trustees
Library Meeting Room, 405 West Main St.
Wednesday, November 8, 2017
Call to order.
Introductions, audience and visitors. Visitors are asked to introduce themselves at this time and present any issues they wish to discuss. Visitors wishing to address specific agenda items will be granted two to five minutes at the discretion of the President, not to exceed a total of twenty minutes. The Library Board may cut short any comments that are irrelevant, repetitious, or disruptive. (Id. at 1425-26).
- Approval of the October 4, 2017 minutes.
Correspondence and communications.
- Approval of bills payable up to and including bills due November 16, 2017 to December 15, 2017.
- Acceptance of the financial report for October 2017.
- Building and grounds maintenance and construction.
- Per Capita requirement: Standards Chapter Review: As per the requirements, the library staff and at least one trustee must review Chapter 12, “Safety,” of Serving Our Public 3.0: Standards for Illinois Public Libraries, 2014 (75ILCS 10/8.1,1). Review the check list at the end of the chapter and report your findings.
- Per Capita requirement: Review chapter 5 of the “TRUSTEE FACTS FILE, third or fourth edition,”
- Closing New Year’s Eve, 2017
Next Board Meetings for 2017 (all in Public Library meeting room, 4:30 p.m., second Wednesday of each month): December 13.